|Posted on April 16, 2020 at 3:25 AM||comments (100)|
Malta is in the heart of a European Migration Crisis.
The Government of Malta is urged to set up a platform to connect National and International organisations, particularly those aimed at irregular and regular migration.
An inter-ministerial platform shall steer the initiatives on International Migration which are being proposed to the Government of Malta in collaboration with One Voice Malta.
One Voice Malta may provide services to the Government in drafting of policies, co-ordination of consultation processes and the implementation of a number of initiatives it offers, aiming to maintain and strengthen Malta’s Diplomatic Relations and Economy. Initially, it is committed to set the stage and provide your Ministry consultation services to establish Malta’s position on Migration issues, namely:
One Voice Malta is committed to assist the Government of Malta to:
- connect national and international organisations based in Malta, particularly those aimed at irregular and regular migration and set up an Inter-ministerial Platform on Diplomatic Relations (DP);
- establish and encourage inter-ministerial dialogues on the reception and integration of migrants;
- conduct research & development policies on reception procedures and integration programmes for migrant minors and youths;
- report and consult with non-governmental organisations conclusions drawn by the Ministries in pursuance of a National policy on the Reception and Integration of Migrant Minors and Youths;
- finance the procurement and provision of services in consultancy, advocacy and diplomacy to facilitate the implementation of national policies, strategies and procedures on migration in the government, non-governmental organisations and educational and other institutions;
- finance a media campaign on the causes and effects of migration, the core values on migration and the human rights of migrants and citizens living in the same community;
- finance and drive a series of working groups on matters relating to migration and fund the procurement of national and international professional, administrative and expert services thereof;
- to finance a national media campaign on migration and the production and marketing of television & radio programmes on the local media to harmonise discourses on & the benefits of migration.